Monday, 24 March 2014

Half Way Through

Tomorrow is the 24th March, which means that Eszter and I are half way through our study abroad experiences at Goucher College. The past couple of months have flown by, as everyone told us it would.

Spring Break is over, which means that we only have six weeks left of classes before we finish for the summer. Of course I'm excited to come home, to see my family and friends and return to the familiarity of life in England, but I have grown fond of College and the American 'way' of things here.

Neither Eszter nor I want these last precious weeks to slip away, as the last eight weeks have. I rarely feel so happy dancing as I do here. I can't work out whether it's the novelty of being in a foreign country or the standard of dance here that has makes us so happy. Naturally we want time to slow down, so we can enjoy every moment as much as possible.

So why is it that the greatest things in life are always so ephemeral and fleeting?

Why does it feel like time is slipping like sand through my fingers?

The days, weeks, months and years seem to be rushing past me faster than I keep up. I will be graduating from university next year, another milestone will have come quicker than I expected and I will probably write another deep post on this blog about time and fear. As cliché as it sounds, I want to stay young and foolish and naive for as long as possible, because it means I still have time to grow, in search of this happiness, before I lose it in the repetitive chaos of life.

Outside the Capitol with Eszter, Washington DC
The only (semi) warm day we had in a month.



No comments:

Post a Comment